qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PATCH: Building qemu on OpenSolaris 2009.06 (SPARC) hos

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PATCH: Building qemu on OpenSolaris 2009.06 (SPARC) host
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 15:42:03 +0100

Am 29.11.2009 um 13:34 schrieb Palle Lyckegaard:

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009, Andreas Färber wrote:

Not having that v7 dir on amd64 here, did you check whether their values are really defined identically? If not, it may be necessary to either #undef them first or to prefix them with TARGET_ as done for the user emulators...

In which files are TARGET_ examples found (linux-user/strace.c?)

Yes, for example. grep -r came up with this line among many others:

./linux-user/x86_64/termbits.h:#define TARGET_TIOCPKT_NOSTOP            16

I.e. if unavoidable, instead of #define PSR_XXX 123 one might need to #define TARGET_PSR_XXX 123 and change *all* uses of PSR_XXX to TARGET_PSR_XXX, so that Sun's and QEMU's definitions can live side by side. If your approach or #undef works correctly, that would seem less intrusive, therefore my question.

Andreas