qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Unclear committer situation

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Unclear committer situation
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 15:08:08 -0600

Blue Swirl wrote:
Of course, my main unclear subsystems are PPC and S390.

I'd recommend the following committers:

PPC: Blue Swirl
S390: Aurelien

If you have other subsystems you feel uncertain on responsibilities,
please add them to the list incl. committer recommendation.
PPC is tough because we lost our previous maintainer.  It's generally in
pretty bad shape.  No one really has stepped up to seriously improve it
either.

The design approach was often different from other architectures,
which makes things like qdev conversion less trivial (see macio.c).
Otherwise IMHO the situation has improved a lot, we even have a
working BIOS. Only PREP has rotten.
Oh, no doubt. I didn't mean to minimize the work that's gone into it. It's much better than it was a year ago.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori