qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Staging update (0.12 pending freeze)

From: Luiz Capitulino
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Staging update (0.12 pending freeze)
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 12:23:45 -0200

On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 13:32:03 -0600
Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Both freshly rebased against staging (which doesn't build btw).
> >

> Nope, and it won't for a while.  Instead of fixing everything, I'm just
> focusing on small groups of patches at a time.

 Right, but people rebasing against it need to build it to be able
to fix conflicts and test things.

 So, here is a list of problems I had to fix/workaround to have staging
fully building on x86_64.

 I'm CC'ing Mark, Gerd and Eduardo because I believe they can help
fixing, but I'm unsure on what caused the problems (merge conflicts?).

- net:

net/dump.c: In function ‘net_dump_init’:
net/dump.c:119: error: ‘s’ may be used uninitialized in this function

- scsi-disk:

/home/lcapitulino/src/aliguori-queue/hw/scsi-disk.c: In function
‘scsi_handle_write_error’:
home/lcapitulino/src/aliguori-queue/hw/scsi-disk.c:176: error: ‘SCSIDiskReq’
has no member named ‘dev’
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
/home/lcapitulino/src/aliguori-queue/hw/scsi-disk.c:174: error: unused variable
‘s’

- monitor:

/home/lcapitulino/src/aliguori-queue/monitor.c: In function ‘eject_device’:
/home/lcapitulino/src/aliguori-queue/monitor.c:760: error: invalid storage
class for function ‘do_eject’

 The last problem is a missing '}' in the second if.