qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] run make defconfig

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] run make defconfig
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 11:19:26 -0600

Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
OK, I got the "Run make defconfig" message again.
I think it used to be re-run automatically: why
are we asking the user to do it manually now?
It's buggy. defconfig should only be needed when a new config option is added and the old config doesn't contain it yet.

But we get this message often when a new config option has not been added. I suspect it has something to do with checks on accessed time against configure and config*. We probably need to be smarter than that.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori