qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [Question] How KQEMU works together with QEMU

From: win
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [Question] How KQEMU works together with QEMU
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 18:56:51 -0800

Hi, everybody,
    I am a newbie to QEMU and have been reading the QEMU code for nearly one month. I got a picture of how QEMU works, but still cannot figure out how KQEMU works together with QEMU. Could you give me some clues to the following questions?

    1) The interrupts in QEMU are driven by the SIGALRM and SIGIO signal, in whose signal handlers the cpu chain is reset and then the interrupts could be checked in the main loop. However, when executing code directly on the hardware using KQEMU, how to stop the code execution and check the interrupts?

    2) As far as I know, KQEMU would change the IDT to hook some its own interrupt handlers. But in detail, what interrupt handlers are hooked? Is the timer interrupt handler included? How to restore the host's handler back to the IDT when KQEMU needs to be switched out?

   Thanks!  I appreciate for your help.

cheers,
peter