qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [FOR 0.12 PATCH v3 10/21] default devices: add glob

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [FOR 0.12 PATCH v3 10/21] default devices: add global cmd line option.
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 11:11:29 -0500 (EST)

> > > Add global command line option to disable default devices.
> >
> > Should -readconfig imply this?
>
> Hmm, not sure.  Why do you think this would be useful?

Here is my thinking: if you used -writeconfig, your machine description
is (at least in theory) entirely included in the config file including
(again in theory) the default devices.  So, if the machine description
has no parallel port, QEMU should not create a default one when you load
it with -readconfig.

It's not really about usefulness in other words; it's more whether you
think it fits in -{read,write}config's design or not.

Paolo