qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Spice project is now open

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Spice project is now open
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 18:18:33 +0100

On 11.12.2009, at 18:02, Yaniv Kamay wrote:

> ----- "Anthony Liguori" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Jun Koi wrote:

>> http://spice-space.org,
>> weekend.

>> reference
>> into

>> of qemu.
>>>>

>>> Knowing that this is a Redhat project, I am sure that will not
>> happen.
>>>

>> It already has.  It's not a git tree with staged patches.  It's a
>> tarball release of a really old version of kvm-userspace that's called
>>
>> 'vdesktop'.
>

> This guy is evil and he is motivate by personal agenda. I hope you all will
> wakeup.

While I don't quite understand what you're trying to say here, let me stress
one thing:

I really think we're in dire need of better remote VM viewing interfaces. I
personally don't care how they are achieved. Whether we're using spice, vmware
drivers or port the vbox drivers to qemu doesn't really make to much of a
difference to me. I just want to see video playback and 3D working.

That said, I believe spice has very promising parts and it would be a shame not
to have you guys as part of the qemu community. Open Source people tend to be
quite open at times, especially in expressing their beliefs. Most of the time
they don't match with one's own :-).

So expect some heavy review, questioning of ways you do things and proposals on
how to make things different. It might sound odd at first, but in the end it
really benefits the code. Not developing code separately and "pushing" it to a
project is part of that. Code gets reviewed, rejected, changed all the time.

I heartly welcome you to the open source world!

Alex