qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Spice project is now open

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Spice project is now open
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 18:38:58 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009, Anthony Liguori wrote:

> > I'm not getting into this discussion and is not going to happen, you
> > have all the necessary information on spiec-space.org in order to take
> > intelligent decision. The QEMU community can choose to reject Spice if
> > it decide to do so.
> >

> There's nothing to reject.  You haven't posted patches.
>
> When you do post patches, if you can't/won't offer an explanation as to why
> it's better than what we already have, then they will be rejected.

It is nice to see the cozy and nice welcome.

For the record, I have nothing to do with SPICE, other than reading
Slashdot to find out that SPICE was Open Sourced.

And for another record, nothing can be as instable as VNC support in
QEmu has turned out to be, so I would not be so negative about something
that was tried and tested for a long time, certainly not when I was
relying on a proprietary and not-at-all documented VNC extension that does
not even have an appropriate name.

Ciao,
Dscho