qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Spice project is now open

From: Izik Eidus
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Spice project is now open
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 21:06:08 +0200

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 18:57:17 +0000
Ben Taylor <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think the simple point is that, AFAICS, the spice folks are
> expecting the qemu team to integrate their big ugly tarball, instead
> of doing what everyone else does, which is forward port everything to
> current head and then provide a current set of patches against GIT
> head.

This was never the issue.
We have planes to send the vdi interfaces to qemu, we just open sourced
spice, it take time.

I think you guys totaly didnt understand us.

We will send patchs to qemu-devel adding the vdi interfaces.

But again spice itself is library and it have more than one user other
than qemu, so the way the protocol work is spice specific and not qemu
specific.

And this why we are adding the VDI interfaces, it allow qemu to work
with whatever library the users will want to use.

What so bad about that?