qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Spice project is now open

From: Glauber Costa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Spice project is now open
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 17:07:13 -0200

>> Spice is a library, it is library for remote display, it handle by
>> itself all the connection between the spice client to the host that
>> run the guest, it include:
>> sound, display, keyboard, usb, network tunneling (for printers) and so
>> on...
>>

> I want to add that qemu is not the sole user of spice, Spice will be
> used as a protocol to connect into physical windows/linux machines....
>
> So how can we change the library just for qemu?

I don't fully understand spice yet, but what's the difficulty here?
libraries changes every single day to try to acomodate for the needs
of specific users, be it through generalizations, shims, or whatever.

This is just another day in the OSS world.

--
Glauber  Costa.
"Free as in Freedom"

"The less confident you are, the more serious you have to act."