qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Spice project is now open

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Spice project is now open
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 13:26:30 -0600

Izik Eidus wrote:
On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 11:40:21 -0600
Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:

FWIW, I don't see any reason why Spice couldn't be made to be
separate from guest emulation.  I think it would just require the
right interfacing in qemu.  I think that's purely an implementation
detail.

The QXL device is one of the core compoments of spice..., how can you
separate it from the guest visible state? (it is pci device)

How does live migration work then? Do you have to query libspice for it's state? Does it return an opaque blob? How can it integrate with VMState since libspice doesn't have any knowledge of something like VMState?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori