qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Question on QEMU's VNC Server hextile implementation

From: Yaniv Kaul
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Question on QEMU's VNC Server hextile implementation
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 16:06:32 -0500 (EST)

According to the RFB protocol, section 6.6.4 (hextile encoding), regarding the
'ForegroundSpecified' bit, it says: 'If this bit is set then the
SubrectsColoured bit must be zero.'.
It doesn't seem QEMU's VNC server does that. In fact, it looks like both bits
are set.
I've verified against a different VNC server, and I didn't see this happening.
(it may be a Wireshark dissector bug, of course).

TIA,
Y.