qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Bug in Sparc64/IDE Code

From: Juan Quintela
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Bug in Sparc64/IDE Code
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 23:41:39 +0100

Igor Kovalenko <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 10:06 PM, Juan Quintela <address@hidden> wrote:

> Looks good, but runtime aborts in register_ioport_read.
>
> You cannot install different opaque for read and write of the same i/o
> address.
> Seems like every other device has the same driver for reading and writing,
> but in cmd646 it calls out to ide/pci.c code for bmdma_cmd_writeb write
> method, whereas it reads with own bmdma_readb_0 method.

Grr, another _nice_ interface.  I guess that qemu should have a single
method for registering both read/write functions.

> Probably bmdma_writeb_* should call out to bmdma_cmd_writeb for address 0
> and whole 4 byte is to be mapped to bmdma_writeb_*
>
> I tested the following fix on top of yours patch with my previous workaround
> reverted. Both my workaround and these two combined show the same
> qemu.log trace.

Nice.  Blue can we got this two patches integrated instead of getting
back pci_dev?  I removed pci_dev from PCIIDEState because it is only
used by cmd646.  This two new patches  just register the right opaque,
that is what we need in the first place.

Igor, thanks for the testing.

Later, Juan.