qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Spice project is now open

From: Daniel P. Berrange
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Spice project is now open
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 15:17:07 +0000

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 04:53:07PM +0200, Avi Kivity wrote:
> On 12/14/2009 04:42 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> >I think it's a bit trickier though because ideally you would want to
> >use the vnc protocol to negotiate which vm you're connecting to.
>
> Right, of  course.  If the client can no longer choose the target using
> its port number, it has to select it in some other way.
>
> >That implies that you actually need to hand over the fd in a setup
> >state.  It's complicated by any encryption protocol too.
>
> Yes - need to pass the encryption state.  Hopefully the crypto stacks
> support this.

There's no mechanism for this in the SASL libraries. With GNUTLS there is
the ability to preserve negotiated session state from one TLS conenection
and used it upon opening the next connection to fast-track the handshake
phase. This doesn't allow you to pass the state for an existing connection
to a new process though and have it carry on

Regards,
Daniel