qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] target-alpha: An approach to fp insn qualifiers

From: Richard Henderson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] target-alpha: An approach to fp insn qualifiers
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:21:53 -0800

On 12/14/2009 12:11 PM, Laurent Desnogues wrote:
I don't really like passing parts of opcodes to helpers, but as you say
that prevents explosion of helpers.  OTOH you could do lazy calls to
helpers that set rounding modes with my approach of separating them
from computation.

I don't particularly like it either, I just thought it was a bit
more efficient, given the current state of TCG.

If it's not acceptable, I can try to do some macro magic in both
op_helper.c and helper.h to do function replication on the /u,/su,/sui
bits and then follow your lead on the lazy rounding mode setting.

Can you give SPECint 2K equake a try? The symptom was the presence
of many NaN's.  If you don't have access to SPEC2K I'll try it.

Yes, I can.  I'll see about setting this up tonight.

r~