qemu-devel

Re: Proper support for PCI-based option rom loading (was Re: [Qemu-devel

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: Proper support for PCI-based option rom loading (was Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: qdev property bug?)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 16:00:17 -0600

Sebastian Herbszt wrote:
What about isapc? Or (pci)pc with isa card?

I'm not sure how the bios enumerates isa option roms on bare metal. That said, I don't know that it's all that important to support -option-rom, -kernel, or extboot on isapc.

The isa version of cirrus-vga will still load it's rom with rom_add. I guess SeaBIOS needs to know how to properly initialize that.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori