qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Networking hangs

From: Scott Tsai
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Networking hangs
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:09:13 +0800

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 8:55 AM, Christoffer Dall <address@hidden> wrote:
> I tried to verify if the bug existed with Realview, but I just can't get the
> guest to mount an sd-card, which I created with qemu-img and copied a roots
> onto there and the guest kernel cannot be configured with PCI/SCSI support
> for the ext2 image.
>
> Do you have any ideas on how to proceed with either the realview stuff to
> see if that's the problem or with the networking issue?

I did a quick linux kernel hack to support the versatile_pci
compatible PCI controller for realview-eb boards.
Using the new stable-0.12 branch of qemu and the new 'realview-eb'
machine type, scp'ing large files into qemu no longer hangs the
network on ARMv6 CPUs.

kernel patch (trivial but ugly):
http://gitorious.org/scottt/linux-arm/commits/realview-eb-qemu
realview-eb-qemu branch

kernel config:
http://scottt.tw/bug/qemu-network-hang/realview-eb-qemu_defconfig

prebuilt kernel zImage:
http://scottt.tw/bug/qemu-network-hang/zImage-2.6.32-realview-eb-qemu-v6

script to launch qemu:
http://scottt.tw/bug/qemu-network-hang/launch-qemu

I used the same rootfs.ext2 image that you uploaded.
Sorry for the late reply, other priorities intruded.