qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] cpuid problem in upstream qemu with kvm

From: Michael S. Tsirkin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] cpuid problem in upstream qemu with kvm
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 14:17:51 +0200

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 02:09:31PM +0200, Avi Kivity wrote:
> On 12/21/2009 02:04 PM, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
>>
>> I think so - if this does not happen a lot, it's not a problem to phone home,
>> right?
>>

> I'm sure it's very annoying when it happens.

It could well be less annoying than having your guest be slow every day
because qemu masked CPU features that guest needs to be fast.

At least with a CPU upgrade, casual user can easily disagnose the
problem: the system was changed. If qemu is slow by default, there's no
way to find out why without reading the manual.  And we don't have one
:)