qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Help on "Could not initialize SDL - exiting"

From: Dejun.Liu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Help on "Could not initialize SDL - exiting"
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 05:10:11 -0300

Hi,
OE's Holger has patch OE with this problem

-------------------
> On Monday 04 January 2010 04:11:33 Dejun.Liu wrote:
> > -->I used the OE build Qemu which at the staging
> > dir(angstrom-dev/staging/i686-linux/usr/bin).
> > and i executed the command in the buildserver not using ssh
>
> The good thing is, I was just trying the same and see the error you
see.
>  The error is printed by qemu when it can not use the SetVideoMode
call of
>  SDL.
>
> I will land a fix in a second. What you want to change in
libsdl-native as
>  a quick solution is to add DEPENDS += "libx11-native" and change
>  --disable- video-x11" to --enable-video-x11".

I(Holger) have comitted two patches for it (one with a crappy username
though).
--------------------------
I will post it to Qemu wiki tomorrow.

Steven Liu

On Mon, 2010-01-04 at 14:43 +0700, Mulyadi Santosa wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 8:06 AM, Dejun.Liu <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > yes, I hava find that OE build SDL not support x11 ,so hava the error
> > No available video device.
> >
> > thanks all these helps
>
> Glad you spot the error. Let us know how you solve it further. Or
> maybe you'll be kind enough and post your howto to Qemu wiki.

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any
accompanying attachment(s)
is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential
and/or privileged of
Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of
this communication is
not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing,
disclosure or copying
is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful.If you have received this
communication in error,please
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message
and all copies from
your system. Thank you.