qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: New kvm-related qemu patch queue

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: New kvm-related qemu patch queue
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 14:51:26 +0200

On 01/11/2010 05:30 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
On 01/10/2010 06:02 AM, Avi Kivity wrote:
In order to improve qemu.git kvm integration quality wrt performance, features, and reliability Marcelo and I will begin to maintain a patch queue based on qemu.git containing kvm-related patches. We will review and apply patches to this queue, test them using the same test suite that is used for qemu-kvm.git, and regularly submit them for inclusion in qemu.git, mimicking the relationship between kvm.git and Linus' linux-2.6.git.

Thanks for setting this up Avi!

I just want to stress that everyone continue CC'ing qemu-devel on all KVM patches. Even if the patch is qemu-kvm specific for the moment, I think it's important for qemu-devel to be exposed to the refactoring work.

It might be good to prefix qemu-kvm.git patches in some manner to make it clear which repository they belong to.

[patch kvm] - qemu-kvm.git uq/master
[patch qemu-kvm] - qemu-kvm.git master
[patch kvm stable-0.12] - qemu-kvm uq/stable-0.12

etc.