qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Bug ARM NEON instrucion vcvt

From: André Bergner
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Bug ARM NEON instrucion vcvt
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 14:44:14 +0100

Hi,

I don't know if this is already known. I found the ARM NEON vcvt instruction mentioned in some fix in the mailing list archive, but not what has been fixed.

However, I found a bug in the implementation of that instruction. I observe that the type operands are emulated in the wrong order.
Example: "vcvt.s32.f32  q0,q0" should convert a float in q0 into an integer, which works correctly on the CPU. With Qemu I have to change the order of the
operands to get the correct result (i.e. "vcvt.f32.s32  q0,q0").
I did not test all combinations of conversions, just integer and float.

cheers,
André