qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Merge qemu android

From: Bastien ROUCARIES
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Merge qemu android
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 18:08:30 +0100

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 3:41 AM, David Turner <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 2:44 AM, Bastien ROUCARIES <address@hidden> wrote:
They use also craps like sdl :S

That's totally orthogonal to upstream QEMU. The code for our SDL-supported interface is totally separate from the rest
of QEMU changes (or so I hope), and also different from mainline's sdl.c

I think a total rewritte will be better .

How can incremently add a new arch to qemu or a new plateform ?

Depends on what your goal is. If all you want is to be able to run Android system images in an upstream qemu executable,
you will need essentially the following:

- the content of hw/goldfish_<xxxx>.c in the Android codebase, corresponding to the emulated hardware
- hw/android_arm.c to be ported to upstream too
- a few changes to the slirp code to setup the default network redirections
- a few changes to vl.c for setup.

It is exactly that I asked.

Thank you :)

that should be it, though I cannot guarantee success at this point. Also you will miss many features of the emulator, but
as I already said, this should not be a concern for upstream maintainers at all.

Bastien

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Regards