qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Adding support for MIPS64 as host

From: Utkarsh Sopan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Adding support for MIPS64 as host
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 22:56:31 +0530

Can you tell me what is the status of adding MIPS64 support?
as at the wiki page it showed Red earlier.
On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 10:29 PM, Laurent Desnogues <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 5:53 PM, Utkarsh Sopan <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am trying to add support for MIPS 64 as Host machine as my academic
> project.

Note that some work has already been done for MIPS host
support.

> I am new to QEMU.
>
> Problem is I dont have a MIPS 64 machine to test on.
> Please suggest whether or not I can use a nested QEMU emulator to test the
> same.
> i.e. running my version on top of a simulated MIPS64 machine.
>
> Is it possible to do so?

I was able to run on an x86_64 host, an ARM-hosted QEMU simulating
x86.  That was for Linux user mode.  I can't say if that would work for
other targets or for system simulation.

Laurent