qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Adding support for MIPS64 as host

From: pinery
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Adding support for MIPS64 as host
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 14:46:31 +0000

於 四,2010-02-04 於 22:56 +0530,Utkarsh Sopan 提到:

> Can you tell me what is the status of adding MIPS64 support?
> as at the wiki page it showed Red earlier.
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 10:29 PM, Laurent Desnogues
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>         On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 5:53 PM, Utkarsh Sopan
>         <address@hidden> wrote:
>         > I am trying to add support for MIPS 64 as Host machine as my
>         academic
>         > project.
>

>         Note that some work has already been done for MIPS host
>         support.
>
>         > I am new to QEMU.
>         >
>         > Problem is I dont have a MIPS 64 machine to test on.
>         > Please suggest whether or not I can use a nested QEMU
>         emulator to test the
>         > same.
>         > i.e. running my version on top of a simulated MIPS64
>         machine.
>         >
>         > Is it possible to do so?
>

>         I was able to run on an x86_64 host, an ARM-hosted QEMU
>         simulating
>         x86.  That was for Linux user mode.  I can't say if that would
>         work for
>         other targets or for system simulation.
>

>         Laurent

A  company called lemote[1] sells laptop and mini-PC based MIPS
CPU ,loongson[2],a 800M 64-bit four-issues out-of-order execution
Superscalar architecture. Quad-Core Loongson-3 Processor has been taped
out by ST Microelectronics. Currently,I run qemu on my loongson
computer,but qemu crashs during booting.
[1]http://lemote.com/english/index.html
[2]http://www.st.com/stonline/products/families/computer/microprocessors/loongson.htm