qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Planning for 0.13

From: Artyom Tarasenko
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Planning for 0.13
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 15:50:50 +0100

Hi Anthony,

> Here are the features that I'm aware of for 0.13.  Please add anything
> you're working on and I'll try to centralize this somewhere.
>
>  - gPXE support for virtio-blk
>  - Helper based network setup
>  - Balloon driver statistics
>  - Fully supported QMP
>  - Live migration protocol support for subvendor versions (aka features)

- Support for Solaris/sparc guest
Shouldn't be too hard. After my recent irq and mmu fixes Solaris
2.4-2.6 is already booting under the git/master. There are only few
issues with spurious interrupts (Slavio/Macio), going to track them
down.

Once it works under OBP, the missing functionality can be added to
OpenBIOS. There is already a good test case: NetBSD 1.3.3 fails under
OpenBIOS the same way as Solars does. But OpenBIOS release plan is
independent from qemu release plan anyway, right?

--
Regards,
Artyom Tarasenko

solaris/sparc under qemu blog: http://tyom.blogspot.com/