qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] (no subject)

From: Stephen Isard
Subject: [Qemu-devel] (no subject)
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 13:15:20 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I hope you will excuse a naive question here. I'm not getting any response on the users' lists.

I'm wondering whether shutting down a guest machine with the quit command in the monitor can corrupt the snapshots saved with savevm. As I understand it, quit will have an effect on the virtual guest similar to pulling the plug on a physical machine, so could leave it in a funny state. Since the snapshots appear to be stored on the guest's hard disk, it seems conceivable (in my state of ignorance) that they could be put at risk. Is that in fact possible?

Thanks for your attention.