qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Audio latency

From: malc
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Audio latency
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 00:45:46 +0300 (MSK)

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010, Alberich de megres wrote:

> Another interesting thing:
>
> on guest side,
> when i leave the screen quiet, for example just showing desktop with
> no animations at all (so there's no change in what should be drawed)
> things improve a lot of, and then i coudl hear a song perfectly.
> The screen is 1680x1050. the same thing happens when i low screen
> resolution to 800x600
>
> Could be the emulated VGA graphic adapter latency? I suppose that i
> haven't 2D acceleration so CPU has to paint the screen everytime a
> change is done.
>

> On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 7:07 PM, Alberich de megres
> <address@hidden> wrote:

And there you go again :)

[..snip..]

QEMU is synchronous, if it takes too much time doing the video stuff
audio will be starved, i don't think i can help with that, what you
can do to test this theory of yours is to use VNC, set things up start
the song and then disconnect, if the audio is playing normally then
you are right.

--
mailto:address@hidden