qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: qemu-ppc can't run static uClibc binaries.

From: Artyom Tarasenko
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: qemu-ppc can't run static uClibc binaries.
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:19:49 +0100

2010/2/18 Rob Landley <address@hidden>:
> On Thursday 18 February 2010 05:21:16 Artyom Tarasenko wrote:
>> 2010/2/17 Rob Landley <address@hidden>:
>> qemu-sparc can decently run debian-40r8: gcc and all the other stuff
>> seem to work.
>>
>> Most versions of the NetBSD boot. Some require the original OBP
>> though. The only known to me version which definetely doesn't boot is
>> 3.0.2.
>>
>> Also since the last dma fix Solaris 2.4-2.5.1 seems to be also fully
>> functional. Don't have a suitable compiler to check whether it's
>> working under Solaris though.
>>
>> Debian-40r8 should have all the necessary stuff to build the uClibc
>> toolchain, right?
>
> I'm happy to boot it under the emulator and poke around.  Do you have a URL to
> the install ISO you tried?

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/archive/4.0_r8/sparc/iso-dvd/

Is just a link from the official Etch docu:
http://www.debian.org/releases/etch/debian-installer/

> A quick google found:
>
>  http://mirror.leaseweb.com/debian-cdimage/archive/4.0_r8/sparc/iso-cd/
>
> Which has a 19-part iso image install.  *boggle*  (Reminds me of installing
> OS/2 from floppies...)

Yea. While installing OS/2 2.x it's multitasking was handy: Only ~3
first floppies where actually needed, all the other ones could be
written from the images in a process parallel to the installation.

Check here: http://www.debian.org/releases/etch/debian-installer/

--
Regards,
Artyom Tarasenko