qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Don't send local debug output to stdout (was: pm_

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Don't send local debug output to stdout (was: pm_smbus: remove #ifdef DEBUG)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 02:28:31 +0000

> I suggest these steps:
>
> 1. Debug output to stdout is no longer accepted for new / modified code.
>
> 2. New or modified debug messages should go to stderr.

I don't see this as a real improvement.  Arguably these aren't errors, so
stdout is where they should be going.

If we're going to do anything sensible with debug output then we should figure
out how to do it properly and consistently.  Also remember that this isn't
supposed to be user friendly, it's for internal developer use only.

Paul