qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SeaBIOS error with Nextstep bootloader

From: Kevin O'Connor
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SeaBIOS error with Nextstep bootloader
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 14:51:07 -0500

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 02:56:22AM +0000, Natalia Portillo wrote:
> Ok, QEMU is absolutely unable to boot nextstep/openstep, while using
> SeaBIOS.
>
> Changing to old Bochs BIOS, makes it work, however no video is
> output (until NeXT starts using VESA).

Hi Natalia,

Is nextstep/openstep something that can be freely downloaded?

It would help if you can extract some SeaBIOS debugging info.  I've
uploaded a SeaBIOS image with the debug level set to 8 and serial
debugging enabled.  It is at:

http://linuxtogo.org/~kevin/SeaBIOS/test/bios.bin-0.5.1-debug-20100228

Can you use this image with qemu, add "-serial file:mylog" to qemu's
command line, and forward the resulting "mylog" file back?

Also, please include the full qemu command line that you used.

Thanks,
-Kevin