qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: EHCI support in QEMU

From: Niels de Vos
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: EHCI support in QEMU
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 20:30:49 +0000

Hello Jan and Taimoor,

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Jan Kiszka <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I downloaded version 0.12.2 of QEMU and I am unable to find EHCI
>> support in it. Does QEMU support EHCI emulation? Do I need to
>> download some other patch for it? QEMU documentation also does not
>> tell anything about EHCI.
>>

> QEMU does not support USB 2.0 / EHCI yet. There were patches flying
> around here, but so far no one stepped up and seriously pushed that
> towards mainline.

By coincidence I was looking into the same. I found
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2008-10/msg01326.html and
started to port it to the current git-tree. My google foo did not reveal
any other/newer/more-complete patches. The status of this patch is
unknown to me, but seems to be a good start.

If someone is interested in this partially ported patch, I'm happy to
share, but it will at least need some attention to make it compile.
After that, lots of tests need to be done and probably quite some
bugfixes are required. I'm happy to assist, but do not have a lot of
time to spare on this hobby project. On the occasion that it is something
more solid and starting to do something, I will of course inform this list
again.

Cheers,
Niels