qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Loading RAM from /dev/shm

From: Piotr 'deletek' Kupisiewicz
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Loading RAM from /dev/shm
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 21:04:11 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,
As far as qemu makes use of /dev/shm - we can access RAM of any VM running on
the system.
This gives some nice possibility of copying that RAM to some physical location
(disk) and restore it later (something like snapshot, but we can make /dev/shm
working in diff way and lot more).
Question is how to restore RAM from such file (dump of /dev/shm) ?

It would be really nice for implementing some kind of failover on your great
(REALLY !) product !

Thanks for help,

Piotr Kupisiewicz
http://ekg2.org/