qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Summer of Code 2010

From: Luiz Capitulino
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Summer of Code 2010
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 17:20:47 -0300

 Hi there,

 Google has this wonderful program called Summer of Code, in which open source
projects like ours, suggest possible projects and provide mentors to help
selected students to do them.

 It's a great opportunity for students to get in touch with open source
development, also good for us to get some projects done and more people
involved (students are paid too, btw).

 The dead-line is a bit short: next friday (March, 12), more information
in the program's page:

http://socghop.appspot.com/

 I didn't read it fully yet, but I _guess_ the most important is to come
up with project ideas and mentors. Everything should be in a wiki.

PS: I have participated as a student some years ago, didn't produce anything
    useful, but was a great experience.