qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Summer of Code 2010

From: Luiz Capitulino
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Summer of Code 2010
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 10:19:59 -0300

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 23:53:19 +0100
Alexander Graf <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 08.03.2010, at 21:20, Luiz Capitulino wrote:
>

> > Hi there,
> >
> > Google has this wonderful program called Summer of Code, in which open
> > source
> > projects like ours, suggest possible projects and provide mentors to help
> > selected students to do them.
> >
> > It's a great opportunity for students to get in touch with open source
> > development, also good for us to get some projects done and more people
> > involved (students are paid too, btw).
> >
> > The dead-line is a bit short: next friday (March, 12), more information
> > in the program's page:
> >
> > http://socghop.appspot.com/
> >
> > I didn't read it fully yet, but I _guess_ the most important is to come
> > up with project ideas and mentors. Everything should be in a wiki.
>
> Nice :-). I'd love to mentor. We have a lot of open things to do in the PPC
> space, but I could just as well use help with finally getting x86 Mac OS X
> guest support upstream ;-).
>
> So who's sending out the actual project application? I'd feel odd if I'd do
> it.

 The student.

 We (as a mentoring organization) will suggest some project ideas and
assign mentors. On a following phase, students will go through the
projects and submit the actual project application.

 Now, we need:

 1. More mentors. Mentoring is quite important, who wishes to be one has
    to have the time for it

 2. Organization Administrator. The person who will do the administrative
    stuff. I could do this role, but then I won't mentor

 3. Project ideas and wiki info