qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: virtio: Add memory statistics reporting to the balloon

From: Luiz Capitulino
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: virtio: Add memory statistics reporting to the balloon driver (V8)
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 11:22:56 -0300

On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 14:51:31 +0100
Juan Quintela <address@hidden> wrote:

> Any recompilation/etc would break migration.  I have tried to understand
> what happened with monitor async commands, and my head exploded in
> indirections.

 The Monitor needs lots of cleanups to make things more obvious.

> Is there any written explanation of what are we trying to do here?

 Only the commit log 940cc30.

 Basically, an asynchronous handler has a completion function which is
called when the handler completes.

 If we're in the user Monitor, it's suspended until the completion
function is called. In QMP, the handler returns immediately and we
_should_ be emitting an event when we have the answer.

 The current code doesn't do that, which seems to be a new issue.