qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SeaBIOS error with Nextstep bootloader

From: Natalia Portillo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SeaBIOS error with Nextstep bootloader
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 09:05:26 +0000

Hi,

These floppy images are failing because they spin waiting for a
keypress with irqs disabled, and SeaBIOS doesn't enable irqs in the
handlers being called (same issue seen on "d090723b.zip" image
reported by Roy).

I've put a test image with a workaround for the issue at:

http://linuxtogo.org/~kevin/SeaBIOS/test/bios.bin-0.5.1-debug-20100311

See below for the patch I used - I'm still researching it, but the
image can be used for testing.

I tested only with NeXTStep 3.3 booting from hard disk and it worked.

I'll test the rest today but considering the PS/2 mouse emulation is not working (there is a bug in it that prevents NeXTStep PS/2 mouse driver and old X11 PS/2 mouse drivers working).

But for now, it boots up to the GUI flawlessly.