qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Cortex m3 initialisation

From: Benjamin Bagland
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Cortex m3 initialisation
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 14:56:16 +0100

Hi,

I'm having an issue while trying to use the lm3s811 board emulation with qemu 0.12.3 or git. It works fine however with qemu-0.11.1.

The problem comes from hw/armv7m.c, around line 231, the initial PC and SP are set by reading from physical memory, however the rom data is not copied in physical memory until the reset later on in the initialisation (comes from commit 45a50b1668822c23afc I think). Since the initial PC is invalid, the cpu goes straight into UsageFault instead of going to the proper reset routine.

I've made a small patch to read from rom instead of physical memory, that fixes the issue with my test program but I'm not sure if it's the proper thing to do, or even if it works with other arm boards.

Rgds,
Benjamin