qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [libvirt] Supporting hypervisor specific APIs in li

From: Jes Sorensen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [libvirt] Supporting hypervisor specific APIs in libvirt
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:31:33 +0100

On 03/23/10 11:25, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
On 03/23/10 09:54, Jes Sorensen wrote:
One problem I have found, and I am not sure how to fix this in this
context. Sometimes when hacking on qemu, I want to try out a new
qemu binary on an existing image, without replacing the system wide
one and may want to pass new command line flags for testing those, plus
have access to the monitor.

Works with the wrapper script trick mentioned above.

virsh edit $domain
grep for <emulator>
make it point to a wrapper script.

My setup:

address@hidden ~]# virsh dumpxml fedora | grep emulator
<emulator>/root/bin/qemu-wrapper</emulator>
address@hidden ~]# cat /root/bin/qemu-wrapper

Ah right thanks! However, it's a hack to get around the real problem
with libvirt. Not to mention that the output from virsh dumpxml is
where you have to cover your eyes and try not getting sick while
editing :(

Having a normal config file in readable format where you could add
regular command line options manually would make life so much easier.

Cheers,
Jes