qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Execute a char buffer without loading ELF

From: John Vele
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Execute a char buffer without loading ELF
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 18:50:50 +0200

Hello,

I am involved in a project that we use Qemu user mode for i386 (./i386-linux-user/qemu-i386). I want to modify the source code
in such a way to make qemu execute a buffer of bytes (given from the comman line for example) rather than loading
an ELF file and executing. I started looking at linux-user/linuxload.c loader_exec() function  and linux-user/elfload.c load_elf_binary()
function. Is there a way to bypass the loading of an ELF file and load a single buffer of bytes (that is i386 code) into memory
and make Qemu start execution on it?

Any help or comment is very very appreciated.

Thanx in advance