qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu git head 20100323 on FreeBSD - qemu-devel port update

From: Juergen Lock
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu git head 20100323 on FreeBSD - qemu-devel port update for testing
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 21:44:23 +0100

Hi!

 Now that qemu git head works again (thanx Aurelien! :) I've finished
the FreeBSD qemu-devel port update patch/shar that made me uncover
the bug:
        http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/qemu/qemu-devel-20100323.patch
resp.
        http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/qemu/qemu-devel-20100323.shar

 This also adds a few misc fixes (that I'll submit on the qemu list
seperately), I have...

. Fixed the FreeBSD executable path detection to work without /proc
  mounted (it usually isn't on FreeBSD), so you now no longer have to
  pass the path to the pc-bios dir with -L if you run qemu out of the
  build dir when another version is installed, like,
        work/qemu-snapshot-20100323_20/i386-softmmu/qemu ...

  (files/patch-vl.c in the shar/patch)

. Fixed some more bsd-user bugs so all of i386-bsd-user, x86_64-bsd-user,
  and sparc64-bsd-user now run for me again on FreeBSD stable/8 amd64.
  (I didn't test sparc-bsd-user as I only tried -bsd freebsd and FreeBSD
  doesn't run on 32bit sparc.) - Yes bsd-user still needs more work but
  at least simple exectuables run.

  (files/patch-bsd-user-mmap.c, files/patch-exec.c)

. Fixed the bsd-user host page protection code for FreeBSD hosts
  (using kinfo_getvmmap(3) on FeeBSD >= 7.x and /compat/linux/proc
  on older FreeBSD.)

  (files/patch-bsd-user-linproc)

. Fixed some compilation warnings and a missing #include.

  (files/patch-qemu-char.c, files/patch-qemu-timer.c)

 Enjoy, :)
        Juergen