qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] guidance regarding GSOC

From: Luiz Capitulino
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] guidance regarding GSOC
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 17:28:22 -0300

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 11:09:44 +0000
Faqeer ALI <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>

> I am a graduate student at MAJU university Islamabad Pakistan, as a course
> project I have already worked with qemu and openmoko.
>
> During this summers, I would be glad to work with qemu.
>
> I need some guidance, I have downloaded the qemu sources,

 Did you use git for that or did you download a tarball?

>   And as per "Convert Monitor commands to the QObject API" or
> "Improve/Simplify the QObject API" projects, I only found the qobject.h in
> the sources, can you please give me little details, so that I could start
> working on it.

 You can find two examples of QObject conversion in the following
commits: 588b383, d96fd29. But note that the difficulty of the
conversion can vary. Some are just error handling, like 81a1b45.

 The problem with the current QObject API is that conversions can
get complex, like do_pci_info(). We'd like to find ways to it
simpler, if possible.