qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] GSoC 2010: IOMMU emulation

From: Gustavo F. Padovan
Subject: [Qemu-devel] GSoC 2010: IOMMU emulation
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 00:00:13 -0300

Hi,

I'm wondering take part on GSoC with QEMU, I really liked the "IOMMU
emulation project". However I only know basically how an IOMMU works,
but that is not a big a deal, I can learn about it and implement.
Besides read the code and learn how a IOMMU works what else more do I
need to do? Also how much time are you guys expecting from me to spend
on QEMU the during the project?

About me: I'm a linux kernel developer[1], nowadays I develop for the
Bluetooth stack under BlueZ. It was with BlueZ that I have participated
of my first GSoC last year. I'm also a BlueZ and oFono(a telephony stack)
developer. I never touched things like QEMU, but that kind of work is
amazing. :)

Regards,

[1]
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux%2Fkernel%2Fgit%2Ftorvalds%2Flinux-2.6.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=commit&s=Padovan