qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Call for 0.12.4

From: Gerhard Wiesinger
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Call for 0.12.4
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 11:36:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 09:25:50AM +0200, Gerhard Wiesinger wrote:
On Sat, 10 Apr 2010, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 10:08:45PM +0200, Gerhard Wiesinger wrote:
On Thu, 8 Apr 2010, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

Hi all,

A number of fixes have been accumulated in the stable-0.12 branch, and
I think it's time to release a new stable version. I would like to see
that happening for the end of next week (around the 18th of April).

If you want to see some patches included, please send a mail to the
mailing list with the [STABLE] tag. I would clearly prefer patches that
are already in HEAD (if the patch can simply be cherry-picked, there is
no need to send a patch, just the commit number), though other patches
might be considered too.

Would be nice to backport the SCSI "crash&boot" patches. (was recently on
the list, if you need more infos let me know, already commited).

Can you please point me to the corresponding patches? Do they apply
directly to stable?

No problem, last 6 patches from Gerd Hoffmann from:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/qemu.git/log/hw/lsi53c895a.c

Details:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/qemu.git/commit/?id=6ac08101f9de84be1fb7b45f87caed8ba8f3eb5a
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/qemu.git/commit/?id=aa4d32c4742e62e09786bd1067a5b98239867e93
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/qemu.git/commit/?id=b96a0da06bd782ef290445479a6d4d0de00c2c23
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/qemu.git/commit/?id=daa70311e0f7b37cd0ea3c4de0d163ccf1a36abe
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/qemu.git/commit/?id=af12ac9880eacdd79d49a11d5672df7170afb38f
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/qemu.git/commit/?id=042ec49dc52e54153942a089a46ae584152998fb

At least for the 0.12.3 release they work well (merged & tested). Don't
know about release branch (maybe something has already been merged).

There is a lot of code refactoring in those patches, I am not sure we
really want that in stable. Would it be possible to extract only the
real fixes from those patches?

I'm not familiar with the code, so Gerd has to answer. The only thing I can say from the user perspective: After the patches all instability issues have been gone and also booting from SCSI ROM works well. I've used it now for~ 2 weeks without any problems on DOS, NT 4.0 and Knoppix.

Ciao,
Gerhard

--
http://www.wiesinger.com/