qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: SeaBIOS error with Juniper FreeBSD kernel

From: Bjørn Mork
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: SeaBIOS error with Juniper FreeBSD kernel
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 12:51:57 +0200

"Kevin O'Connor" <address@hidden> writes:

> It looks like memory layout changes in the f-segment is tickling the
> underlying bug.  I don't think SMBIOS, the above commit, or the other
> commit identified earlier are the root cause of the problem.  Instead,
> I'd guess these commits just change the memory layout enough to avoid
> the root cause.

Sounds like a reasonable explanation.  Is there anything I can do to try
to pin down the problem?

> This looks like it is going to require some careful study with a
> debugger and some execution traces.  Unfortunately, since this image
> isn't available for download it makes it difficult to track down.

I understand that.  But I'm afraid I can't provide any such image.

I don't think Juniper has done anything extra-ordinary at this point
however, so I'll try to see if I can create a freely distributable image
triggering the bug using the same tools as them.  Will let you know if I
succeed.

Bjørn