qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Problem with QEMU on KVM

From: Gerhard Wiesinger
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Problem with QEMU on KVM
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:45:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010, Jan Kiszka wrote:

Mulyadi Santosa wrote:
Hi Jamie...

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 19:07, Jamie Lokier <address@hidden> wrote:
There are various -no-kvm-XXX options to try:

-no-kvm-irqchip disable KVM kernel mode PIC/IOAPIC/LAPIC
-no-kvm-pit     disable KVM kernel mode PIT
-no-kvm-pit-reinjection disable KVM kernel mode PIT interrupt reinjection

I try to read the source code without too much luck understanding the
meaning of the above parameters, especially the reinjection. Please
CMIIW, interrupt reinjection is a way to handle lost ticks, right?

Those switches only exist in the qemu-kvm branch. The fact that
-enable-kvm has some effect for you makes me think that you tried
upstream KVM support (ie. the one that comes with vanilla QEMU), right?

I tried 0.12.3 stable and also qemu git master:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/qemu.git/log/

It would be interesting to check if you can reproduce the problem also
with qemu-kvm(-0.12.3 or git head). As you may also face an issue of the
kvm kernel bits, it would be furthermore helpful to check with the
latest kernel from kvm.git or the modules build via kvm-kmod as well.

Can you please post links to the different git repositories, since a lot of different repositories exist here (qemu-kvm and kernel).

Thnx.

Ciao,
Gerhard

--