qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [DEBUG] how to use GDB to debug qemu?

From: robert song
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [DEBUG] how to use GDB to debug qemu?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 22:21:01 +0900

Then I just run "info cpus" as following.
(QEMU) info cpus

But now how can I get into the rountine of "info cpus" ?
Of course, set trace point to the function can do the work, but if I
don't know where the routine is, is there any way to step into the
rountine?

Regarding to the question,
I found one tool named as tracef.
http://binary.nahi.to/hogetrace/#dl
It's in Japanese.
The tool can trace the functions called by qemu while recompling
qemu with exra options like -finstrument-functions.
It's just like strace and ltrace, but used to trace userland function.

Attach it to qemu, and the result can be got.

For exmaple:
[pid 26180] do_info_cpus() at 0x08056870

so do_info_cpus is used while you call "info cpus".
Currently tracef only supports x86 arch.

Hope this will help someone.

Best Regards,
  robert