qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] simple block driver cleanups

From: Christoph Hellwig
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] simple block driver cleanups
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 20:10:23 +0200

On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 04:28:08PM +0200, Kevin Wolf wrote:
> For cloop I trust your test, and for bochs I did a very basic test
> myself (however, I doubt that anyone uses this driver, considering how
> hard it is to create such an image...). For parallels I still need to
> find out how to create an image.

Btw, I did a bit more testing than my trivial qemu-io testing before,
and it seem that cloop is utterly broken in qemu mainline already.
Just booting with a small cloop compressed filesystem image attached
is enough to give me tons of I/O errors.  When using ide I can even
crash qemu by trying to mount it.