qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu-KVM 0.12.3 and Multipath -> Assertion

From: André Weidemann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu-KVM 0.12.3 and Multipath -> Assertion
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 11:53:26 +0200

Hi Kevin,
On 04.05.2010 14:20, Kevin Wolf wrote:

Am 04.05.2010 13:38, schrieb Peter Lieven:
hi kevin,

i set a breakpint at bmdma_active_if. the first 2 breaks encountered
when the last path in the multipath
failed, but the assertion was not true.
when i kicked one path back in the breakpoint was reached again, this
time leading to an assert.
the stacktrace is from the point shortly before.

hope this helps.

Hm, looks like there's something wrong with cancelling requests -
bdrv_aio_cancel might decide that it completes a request (and
consequently calls the callback for it) whereas the IDE emulation
decides that it's done with the request before calling bdrv_aio_cancel.

I haven't looked in much detail what this could break, but does
something like this help?

Your attached patch fixes the problem I had as well. I ran 3 consecutive tests tonight, which all finished without crashing the VM. I reported my "assertion failed" error on March 14th while doing disk perfomance tests using iozone in an Ubuntu 9.10 VM with qemu-kvm 0.12.3.

Thank you very much.
 André