qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu-system-ppcemb bamboo [can't load device tree]

From: NGUYEN VAN TAN
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-ppcemb bamboo [can't load device tree]
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 18:49:31 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all

I have built kernel for bamboo and tried to run on qemu.
kernel version : 2.6.28
qemu version : 0.12.3
but I got error.

qemu-system-ppcemb -M bamboo -kernel  /Fedora/build-linux/linux-2.6.28/arch/powerpc/boot/cuImage.bamboo
Truncating memory to 128 MiB to fit SDRAM controller limits.
couldn't load device tree

I had bamboo.dtb in the /usr/share/qemu.
I checked qemu configuration on my machine (centos 5.3 and debian 5.04) when building qemu and saw that fdt feature is disable. I tried to enable fdt by using --enable-fdt option for configure script but it reported error:

ERROR
ERROR: User requested feature fdt
ERROR: configure was not able to find it
ERROR

Do you know what is problem here?

Thank in advance.

Nguyễn Văn Tân