qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Bug Day - June 1st, 2010

From: Luiz Capitulino
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Bug Day - June 1st, 2010
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 11:52:01 -0300

On Tue, 18 May 2010 17:38:27 -0500
Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In an effort to improve the 0.13 release quality, I'd like to host a Bug
> Day on June 1st, 2010.  I've setup a quick wiki page with some more info
> (http://wiki.qemu.org/BugDay/June2010).

 Tuesday is our call conf day and other people have reported that they have
more confs during that day. Suggest Jun 2.

> Here's my basic thinking:
>
>   - Anyone who can should try to spend some time either triaging bugs,
> updating bug status, or actually fixing bugs.

 And testing, Fedora has a number of test cases already written, but
I guess that just a few are qemu specific:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2010-04-08_Virtualization

 We could link those and write our own, or at least list the major
features to be tested..

 Of course we could have a different day for testing too, but I think
this is a way to get everyone busy.

>   - We'll have a special IRC channel (#qemu-bugday) on OFTC.  As many
> QEMU and KVM developers as possible should join this channel for that
> day to help assist people working on bugs.
>   - We'll try to migrate as many confirmable bugs from the Source Forge
> tracker to Launchpad.

 Can't this be automated?

> If this is successful, we'll try to have regular bug days.  Any
> suggestions on how to make the experience as fun and productive as
> possible are certainly appreciated!

 Lots of foods and a Monty Python session in the evening.